Concern for the environment … being eco-friendly … a desire to go green … Whatever you prefer to call it, making earth-friendly choices is a priority for many right now. They’re concerned about the earth and want to reduce their carbon footprint in all aspects of their life – even in their home décor and staging. Fortunately, there are a number of eco-friendly home staging ideas that anyone can implement, and that won’t break the bank.
5 Ways to Go Green
1. Go green … literally. The simplest way to avoid manmade home décor items is to use natural elements instead. Place a cluster of potted succulents on the coffee table. Display a bowl of lemons and oranges on the kitchen counter. Add a lush potted tree to that empty corner in the dining room. Such natural elements easily blend into any décor.
2. Use recycled materials. Choose decorative fabrics, such as for pillows and curtains, that are made from vintage, upcycled materials. Another option is looking for eco-friendly organic hemp, linen, and cotton fabrics dyed with soy-based inks.
3. Paint green – in any color. When choosing paint, look for low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) or water-based paints. No only do the carbon-containing chemicals evaporate, but you’ll also notice little to no paint odor.
4. Add some glass. Glass is highly recyclable, so it’s the perfect choice for green decorating. From a display of vintage glass bottles in the kitchen to some cool glass lamps in the bedroom, a touch of glass can brighten any design scheme.
5. Upgrade the appliances. If you need to purchase new appliance to attract buyers, opt for stainless steel ones that have a government Energy Star designation. That designation certifies that the appliance uses less energy.
The good news is that you can go green and stage your home to sell. It’s a win for you, your buyers, and the environment.
Are you ready to sell your Napa Valley home? Or is it time to buy a new home? We can help. Check out our Facebook page for many more real estate tips and information. Have a question you need answered right now? Contact us today!